Thursday, December 26, 2013

Coastal Scents 22 Brush Set Review Part 1

Presenting the CS's 22 brush set review...

TADA!!!!!

Brush 1: Large Fan

Large & flat brush. This brush is made of synthetic material. Hmm, what can I say, this brush has not yet been of much use. I have use it as a 'fan' when I'm feeling too hot while during my make up, LoL. This brush can be use to brush away any fallout especially when applying darker eye shadow colors.

Brush 2: Powder buffer


Large round, 2 tier brush which is made of synthetic material. Quite love this brush, which I usually use to blend my powder foundation. Sometimes, when I can't find my Sasatine blush brush, I'' use this to apply my brush. Although this brush is really soft, I find that it doesn't really move much as the black fiber is more stiffer and shorter, thus holding the more softer white fiber in place, which is great for blending purpose.

Brush 3: Round brush

Round, also made of 2 tier fiber and made of synthetic materials. What differentiate this brush from the powder buffer brush is that this is slightly smaller & less denser than the powder buffer brush. I usually use this brush to apply a light sparkles, light highlighter etc. Just a great brush when you want the color to go sheer.

Brush 4: Flat Buffer brush


Large round, flat surface brush & made also from synthetic material. I absolutely love LOVE this brush, which I find this brush is my favorite from this set. This brush although it made from synthetic, it is super super super soft. I never touch any softer brush than this, not to mention super dense (as you can see from the picture). I use this brush to apply my foundation (both liquid & powder) and it work wonderfully.

Brush 5: Angle Brush

Angled brush made from goat hair. Find thing I notice about this brush is that it smells of milk...? This brush is a bit coarse compared to my Sephora angled brush & smaller. I usually use this brush as a contouring & bronzer, and also double up as a blusher brush.

Brush 6: Foundation brush

A pretty good brush, I will say which is made from fiber hair. It has such a soft bristle...especially the white color tip, as soft as cotton!! Love love this brush too. I usually apply my liquid foundation and even liquid BB cream with this =)

Brush 7: Concealer brush
A typical concealer brush, which is okay. I use this brush to apply a lighter cream concealer brush under my eye to hide any eye bag.

Brush 8: Detailed concealer brush
Made from fiber hair, this brush is exactly alike the foundation brush.. except smaller. I use this brush as a concealer brush.. a GREAT concealer brush.. love it.

To read part 2, click here: Part 2 Coastal scent 22 piece brush set
To see the video on the brushes, click here: First look video

No comments:

Post a Comment