Thursday, November 14, 2013

Urban Decay Naked Eye Palette

So this is about the Naked eye palette that I got from Sephora store about two years ago for my birthday. It was the first urban decay product that i got, which I brought it from the store in Bukit Bintang KL before they opened a store recently in Penang.

P/S: I just got the news that they are going to release Naked 3!!! OMY!!!! =O!!!!

Ok, so I brought this for RM 175 (in my opinion, it's super duper expensive considering that it is just for eyeshadows, but then again, it has 12 colors and the pigmentation is just soooo good).

As it was 2 years ago, you can see the gold on the packaging is comming off =( It also comes with eye shadow primer + 1 brush.



Eye Primer: Actually i seldom use the eye primer, although my sister (who actually uses it instead of me) says that it is really a good eye primer and it helps the eye shadow to stay longer and the color shows more with eye primer.

Brush: As for the brush, well, it's not a good quality brush as it's synthetic. Also I find that the brush couldn't really pick up the eyeshadow, instead it make more fall out instead. Bad quality brush!

Okay, so now let's go to the exciting part, the eye shadows!!


From left to right:
Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half-Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep and Gunmetal.

Without flash

With flash

Although the name is 'naked', I find the colors are highly pigmented and creamy (not powdery or cakey) and the eye shadows texture leans more towards heavy shimmer, sparkle instead of matte & satin. The good thing about urban decay shadows is that colors really shows out without needing to put much layers. However, the down side is that it is too shimmery and might not be suitable to office..

#Virgin, Sin, Naked


1. Virgin: A very very light, pale, slightly shimmered nude beige. It's my favourite color on the palette which i use often as highlighter below my brow bone, my nose bridge & also as a base on my eyelid. Sometimes i also use it to add a very light shimmer on the inner tear duct! The color is really beautiful. 

2. SIN: A pale slight pinkish frost satin. This shade is my second favourite shade in this palette. This shade is very close to MAC's 

3. NAKED: A matte very light brown/beige color. Ok, I don't personally like this shade much because this shade doesn't really shows up on my skin. I sometimes use this above my eyelid to create depth for my eye crease. 

4. SIDECAR: This is a sparkly light brown with a very slightly red understone.This is my third fave color in this palette. Some reviews I read says that there is fallout of the sparkles but i personally do not experience this (maybe I have dry lid?)

#Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked


4. SIDECAR: This is a sparkly light brown with a very slightly red understone.This is my third fave color in this palette. Some reviews I read says that there is fallout of the sparkles but i personally do not experience this (maybe I have dry lid?)

5. BUCK: A matte darker than naked brown. Usually I use this to create further depth for my eye crease.

6. HALF BAKED: A highly pigmented metallic gold color. This is one of my most dislike color in this whole palette other than gunmetal. The color looks aweful on my yellow skin tone. This color also appears in Naked2 although i feel that the half baked in Naked2 is slightly softer, look prettier on my eyes (different formulation maybe?)


# Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted


7. SMOG: A gorgeous gorgeous (did I mention that this color is GORGEOUS!!) medium bronze shimmer. Looks so gorgeous on my eyelid!

8. DARKHORSE: A dark brown slight with slight bronze shimmery color. I sometimes use this color to line my upper & lower line.

9. TOASTED: A light plum/ pinkish shimmery color.

#Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal


10. HUSTLE: A dark plum with shimmer

11. CREEP: A black color with gold sparkles (really love this color too!). This color give some rock-ish look as eyeshadow. I usually use this color as eye liner and give some alternative to otherwise the usual matte black color. I really like the pigmentation of this eyeshadow!!

12. GUNMETAL: A silver metallic color. Honestly, this is my most dislike color on the palatte.


Overall, I'm quite happy with this palette as it has a lot of different color which I can play with to create different kind of look. From simple light make up to dark smokey eyes! But it is also kind of heavy on the wallet.

Now with the swatches

For review on Naked Palette 2: Naked 2
For review on Naked Palette 3: Naked 3

No comments:

Post a Comment